This week, advisors are strengthening their lead generation capabilities, looking to fintech and holistic distribution solutions, making acquisitions and more. Meanwhile, it’s getting easier for financial institutions to access cryptocurrencies thanks to tech innovation.
- Concourse Securities: “SmartAsset, an online destination for financial information and a national marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors, announced that Concourse Financial Group Securities has selected SmartAsset’s SmartAdvisor platform as its first outside lead generation service available to its network of 500+ financial professionals.” Libet Anderson, president of investment solutions at Concourse Financial Group Securities, stated, “Concourse Securities selected SmartAsset because its robust technology and prospecting solutions align well with our value proposition.”
- Day Hagan Asset Management offers some technical analysis on the tech-heavy Nasdaq for RIAs.
- FLX Distribution: “FLX Distribution – the industry’s first Resource and Asset Management Platform (RAMP) delivering an on-demand, holistic distribution experience to asset managers, wealth management firms, and financial advisors – announced seven new asset management firms have chosen its modular, on-demand platform for holistic distribution solutions. Ranging in size, asset class and business needs, these managers underscore the breadth of the services and capabilities the FLX platform offers.” Rob Stein, CEO of Astor Investment Management, one of the latest firms using FLX, stated, “As the distribution and relationship management landscapes continue to evolve, it has become clear that technology, data and diverse types of communicating are necessary to enhance the financial advisor experience.” The newest FLX managers include: 180 Degree Capital Corp., Advocate Capital Management, ARB, Astor, GoodHaven Capital Management, WBI & Wilshire Phoenix.
- LPL Financial: LPL Financial LLC announced that McLaughlin Asset Management, Inc. has joined LPL Financial, aligned with Gladstone Wealth Partners, a large enterprise on LPL’s hybrid RIA platform. The team serves approximately $600 million in advisory, brokerage and retirement plan assets, and they join LPL from Lincoln Financial Advisors.” Managing Partner Michael McLaughlin stated, “As we began searching for a partner to help us serve our clients’ growing needs, LPL Financial and Gladstone stood out, differentiating themselves with their leadership and executive teams, technology infrastructure, culture of innovation and client service.”
- Summit Financial: “Summit Financial Holdings, Merchant Investment Management and Fieldpoint Private announced that Summit and Merchant together will acquire Fieldpoint’s investment advisory unit, establishing a partnership that will deliver Fieldpoint Private’s banking capabilities through the Summit advisor services platform, SummitVantage.”
- Unifimoney: “Unifimoney, a turnkey digital wealth management platform, announced its availability within the Q2 Innovation Studio, making its trading platform pre-enabled to 450+ financial institutions (FIs) on the Q2 digital banking platform. As banks and credit unions embrace innovative fintech services to better serve their customers and remain competitive, investing and wealth management have become an increasingly critical market where consumer adoption has soared in recent years. FIs will have the option to provide their customers single sign-on access to the Unifimoney platform, featuring thousands of stocks and ETF’s, over 50 cryptocurrencies and precious metals including gold, silver and platinum.”