DWealth Muse, with host Dara Albright, is a new weekly podcast on Digital Wealth News that bridges the knowledge gap between conventional and modern finance through original coverage of the tidal wave of technological and regulatory change headed to finance as it shifts to a digital, decentralized system.
Some are calling this transition the greatest financial transformation since civilization moved from a barter to a currency system. It is truly that momentous.
In these podcasts, Albright and key fintech influencers discuss how this financial transformation is impacting asset classes, investment portfolios, businesses, markets and economic policy.
Albright and guests deliver insights and leading-edge information to listeners in lively conversations that make this complex topic fascinating to learn and easy to grasp so that investors and businesses, alike, can capitalize on this monumental change.
Specific areas of coverage include:
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi)
- The Democratization of Finance (DemFi)
- Digital Assets, Blockchain-based Assets and Cryptocurrencies
- Security Token Offerings and Exchanges
- Exempted Fintech Alternatives
- Modern Liquid Alternatives
- Compliance & Risk Management
- Fintech Savings Apps
Podcast Episode 8: Hashtag Bitcoin NOT a Fad, Part 1 – In this special two-part episode, host Dara Albright and guest, Mark Yusko, founder and chief investment officer of Morgan Creek Capital Management, discuss ways for investors to #GetoffZero because #RiskHappensFast. Specific topics covered include:
- Why most Pension funds consistently underperform and how they can achieve their assumed rates of return of 7+%;
- Why investment rules for 401(k)s are unsuitable for most retirement savers;
- The story behind the first pension fund that made the leap into blockchain investing;
- The best way for both institutional and retail investors to capitalize on blockchain innovation;
- Why equities have not performed as well as we think;
- Money illusion – the challenge of our day;
- How owning blockchain protocols today would have been like a chance to own a piece of the Internet in the 1990s.
Episode 7: Bridging the Gap Between Conventional & Crypto – Host Dara Albright and guest, Alon Goren, Founding Partner of Draper Goren Holm, discuss:
- The regulatory path being paved by the State of Wyoming and what it could mean for DAOs, banks and custodians
- The exodus of innovators – the unfortunate consequence of governing by enforcement
- How regulators will likely view non-fungible tokens (NFTs)
- The technologies that will bridge conventional and digital finance and bring instantaneous settlement to conventional asset classes
- Technological innovations poised to transform and democratize secondary markets for private company stock and employee stock option programs
Episode 6: When Crypto and RIAs Unite – Host Dara Albright and guest, Tyrone Ross, CEO of Onramp Invest, discuss:
- The transformation of wealth management
- How financial advisors are guiding clients who are seeking cryptocurrency exposure
- The maturation of digital asset research and where RIAs can go to for industry reports
- How RIA engagement could impact the price of bitcoin in 2021
- Recognizing Crypto’s iPhone moment
Episode 5: The Crypto Crystal Ball – Host Dara Albright and guest, Tim Peterson, Global Macro Investment Manager at Cane Island Alternative Advisors, discuss:
- How Tim has been applying Metcalfe law to accurately forecast the price of bitcoin
- The junk bond bitcoin bubble predictor
- How not to get caught in the bull trap
- Why Chainlink won’t be held back
- The tokens that institutional investors may turn to as crypto diversifiers
- Interesting future use cases for Decentralized Finance and non-fungible tokens
- Why bitcoin serves better as a savings vehicle as opposed to spendable gold
Episode 4: The Voyage to Financial Freedom – Host Dara Albright and guest, Steve Ehrlich, CEO of Voyager Digital (Ticker: VYGVF), discuss:
- How the modern life journey is changing because of the advent of blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Why the most important word in crypto is the “customer”
- How cryptocurrencies and blockchain bring power (and yield) back to the retail investor
- The imminent Coinbase IPO – its current $100B valuation in the private markets and the impact its public valuation could have on Voyager and the cryptocurrency market at large
- Removing the complexity out of DeFi and cryptocurrency investing
- Non-taxable token transfers
- Using blockchain to curb shorting abuses in traditional markets
Episode 3: Are Retail Investors Worthy of Alternative Asset Returns? – Host Dara Albright and guest, Sally Outlaw, CEO of Worthy Financial, discuss:
- Why Robinhood should be cut some slack
- Who’s getting 23,000% returns
- The new Reddit inspired Wall Street career
- Who’s the dumb money now
- Why the future looks bright for retail investors
Episode 2: Gamestopped by Congress – Host Dara Albright and guest, Bill Taylor, CIO of Entoro Wealth, weigh in on the recent Congressional Hearings centered around the Gamestop trading frenzy. Highlights include:
- Why legislators are spinning their wheels and wasting taxpayer dollars harping on Robinhood’s Payment for Order Flow Revenue Model
- Why a Financial Transactional Tax will widen the national wealth gap
- How RoaringKitty almost turned the hearings into a Reddit chat room
- How Yield Farming and Decentralized Finance protocols will curb short selling abuses and bring greater returns to retail investors
- What Robinhood can to do to resolve its PR crisis and hit back against the new Michael Bolton tune
- Bill & Dara’s step by step solution to resolving all of this Wall Street madness
Episode 1: The Reddit Rebellion – Host Dara Albright and guest, Bill Taylor, CIO of Entoro Wealth, discuss:
- Bill’s theory of who is actually behind the Reddit pumpers.
- Who will ultimately be held accountable.
- Will Robinhood survive this PR nightmare?
- Will decentralized finance (DeFi) bring much needed democracy to public equity markets?