This week on Standard Deviations with Dr. Daniel Crosby, Dr. Crosby is joined by Daniel Staker.
– Why does Daniel Staker call his new book “a book from a breakdown?”
– Why is behavior such a fundamental building block of marketing?
– How do we get to the bottom of what our clients really want when they are often so bad at articulating it for themselves?
– What does Daniel Staker mean when he says that “people often fail to respect reality?”
– How can we get people to accept reality when emotions are so powerful at distorting one’s perspective?
– What is Daniel Staker’s chapter on “accepting the long haul” about in particular?
ABOUT STANDARD DEVIATIONS PODCAST:
Educated at Brigham Young and Emory Universities, Dr. Daniel Crosby, the personality behind STANDARD DEVIATIONS podcast, is a psychologist and behavioral finance expert who helps organizations understand the intersection of mind and markets.
Dr. Crosby’s first book, Personal Benchmark: Integrating Behavioral Finance and Investment Management, was a New York Times bestseller. His second book, The Laws of Wealth, was named the best investment book of 2017 by the Axiom Business Book Awards and has been translated into Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese and German. His latest work, The Behavioral Investor, is an in-depth look at how sociology, psychology and neurology all impact investment decision-making.