“Your advice is not as good as you think.” – Derek and Adam have a unique debate on how we can rethink the advice profession even more. Do we have our titles right? Are 30-year retirement projections a righteous trick? Are financial professionals even listening? Join us for this fun, cheeky, and insightful chat featuring Carl Richards’ insightful commentary on the state of the advice profession.
Carl, Adam & Derek discuss:
- How Carl got into the financial industry by mistake
- What is a real financial planner?
- The never-ending alignment of your use of capital (time money energy and attention) with what’s important to your clients = real financial advice. Everything else is a righteous trick.
- Real financial advice is under no threat of fee compression or going away. Being more human = solution to perceived threat
- How to be curious longer to give better advice/solutions.
- Are your clients climbing the wrong ladder?
- And lots more!