DWealth Muse is a podcast series on Digital Wealth News that bridges the knowledge gap between conventional and modern finance through original coverage of the tidal wave of technological and regulatory change headed to finance as it shifts to a digital, decentralized system.
You can listen to all DWealth Muse podcasts at this link: https://dwealth.news/podcast/
Podcast Episode 9: Modernizing and Democratizing Private Company Transactions – In this episode, host Dara Albright and guest, Carine Schneider, President of AST Private Company Solutions, discuss the technology enabling investors to readily trade private company stock and the economic implications of broadening access to pre-IPO shares. Discussion highlights include:
- Using blockchain technology to manage private company cap tables and ensure a vibrant secondary market for private companies;
- The rapid appreciation of today’s private companies;
- The staggering growth of mean IPO market capitalizations and its devastating impact on retirement savings and wealth disparity;
- How Facebook fueled the demand for private company stock;
- How archaically managed cap tables could complicate SPAC offerings;
- Liquidity alternatives for employee stock options;
- The creation of a new class of stock designed to be traded in a digital securities environment;
- COVID’s impact on the private company landscape.
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO EPISODE 9::