By DWN Staff
Various facets of technology revolutionize the wealth industry, and marketing is no exception. Among the diverse array of innovative technology options, MarTech, or Marketing Technology, stands out as an instrumental tool for these organizations. The concept of a MarTech strategy has become increasingly critical in optimizing marketing efforts, improving customer experiences, and ultimately driving the growth of client acquisition and AUM. In essence, having a MarTech strategy refers to carefully selecting, integrating, and applying marketing technologies to enhance marketing processes, aligning them with the organization’s overall goals.
“MarTech strategy includes data analytics, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, content marketing tools, social media platforms, and other marketing technologies. It involves leveraging these technology tools to inform marketing decisions, automate processes, augment customer engagement, and monitor the effectiveness of marketing campaigns,” says Teresa Leno, Founder and CEO of Fresh Finance.
With a well-constructed MarTech strategy, organizations and their advisors are better equipped to create personalized, efficient, and interactive communication channels with their prospects and existing clients.
Implementing a robust MarTech strategy holds significant implications for wealth management firms such as:
- Enhanced customer engagement– MarTech enables wealth firms to analyze the engagement of marketing assets through data from multiple sources. This holistic view of customer engagement paves the way for heightened customer understanding, enabling firms to precisely tailor their services to each customer’s needs, knowledge, or experience of their financial situation and goals.
- Improved marketing efficiency- MarTech options automate repetitive marketing tasks, saving the marketing team and advisor time and resources. This heightened efficiency results in an enhanced capacity for advisors to focus on strategic tasks such as planning, implementation, and performance monitoring of portfolios versus marketing initiatives.
- Superior prospect outreach- MarTech tools can help facilitate personalized, multi-channel communication, a feature that helps attract new customers. More importantly, these technologies provide wealth management firms with insights into behavior and content preferences, enabling them to refine their approach to attracting prospects using social media channels.
- Competitive advantage- Given the highly competitive landscape of the wealth management industry, adopting a MarTech strategy can provide a much-needed edge. Wealth firms can optimize outreach, enhance customer acquisition and retention, and outperform competitors by integrating and leveraging advanced marketing technologies.
- Driving business growth- A MarTech strategy can significantly drive business growth by providing advisors with MarTech to help them grow their business. MarTech can deliver financial education and periodic touchpoints to customers and position advisors as thought leaders.
Many wealth firms implement and manage technologies in-house as part of their MarTech strategy versus using vendors to “do it for me.” Fulfilling such a strategy requires strategic planning, skilled personnel, and the right mix of MarTech tools that benefit everyone across the organization- marketing and compliance professionals and advisors.
“A MarTech strategy has become critical, given its potential to drive marketing efficiency, enhance customer engagement, and stimulate business growth. There is no doubt that MarTech adoption plays a significant role in attracting advisors, retaining and attracting new customers, and growing AUM. It would benefit wealth management firms to embrace this trend and prioritize the development of a robust MarTech strategy,” adds Leno.
Teresa Leno worked as a financial advisor and experienced firsthand the importance of financial education to help clients make more informed decisions before a crisis. Through her experience, Fresh Finance was started as a financial content marketing solution to help advisors validate their expertise through sharing content.