DWealth Muse is a podcast series on Digital Wealth News that bridges the knowledge gap between conventional and modern finance through original coverage of the tidal wave of technological and regulatory change headed to finance as it shifts to a digital, decentralized system.
You can listen to all DWealth Muse podcasts at this link: https://dwealth.news/podcast/
Podcast 13 – The Spectacular Rise & Macroeconomic Significance of SPACs
In this episode, host Dara Albright and guest, Doug Ellenoff, Member of Ellenoff Grossman & Schole LLP, discuss the spectacular rise of SPACs (Special Purpose Acquisition Companies) and how this 25 year-old financing mechanism is on the cusp of solving some of the macroeconomic problems caused by the dearth of public companies. Discussion highlights include:
- How SPACs have evolved and why it has taken over two decades for the SPAC to become a mainstream financing instrument;
- How SPACs are responding to concerns over companies staying private for far too long;
- How new regulatory efforts to rein in on SPAC enthusiasm could end up frustrating capital formation;
- The symbiotic relationship between fintech and SPACs;
- How crowdfunding is becoming today’s venture capital round as SPACs become the modern IPO;
- Sneak peek into what to expect at Dealflow’s upcoming annual SPAC Conference, the industry’s leading SPAC event since 2008.
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO EPISODE 13: