This week on Standard Deviations with Dr. Daniel Crosby, Dr. Crosby is joined by Stacy Havener.
In 2010, Stacy Havener founded Havener Capital Partners, an independent third party marketing firm, to provide sales and marketing services to a select group of high quality managers. Well recognized for her expertise in the Registered Investment Advisor and wealth management channel, Stacy has significant experience in product development as well as raising assets through successful distribution strategies.
Tune in to hear:
- What role does well-crafted storytelling play in making an effective sale?
- Many sales organizations focus around measurable, quantitative goals (e.g. how many calls did you make). What might they gain from focusing more on psychological variables, such as “behavioral IQ?”
- How do Stacy’s conversations differ from someone further down the adoption bell curve and how does she go about personalizing her communications?
- Which of the “Big 5” personality traits might early adopters share? –
- How is owning up to your quirks a powerful approach, and why are we so scared to do this in a sales context?
ABOUT STANDARD DEVIATIONS PODCAST:
Educated at Brigham Young and Emory Universities, Dr. Daniel Crosby, the personality behind STANDARD DEVIATIONS podcast, is a psychologist and behavioral finance expert who helps organizations understand the intersection of mind and markets.
Dr. Crosby’s first book, Personal Benchmark: Integrating Behavioral Finance and Investment Management, was a New York Times bestseller. His second book, The Laws of Wealth, was named the best investment book of 2017 by the Axiom Business Book Awards and has been translated into Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese and German. His latest work, The Behavioral Investor, is an in-depth look at how sociology, psychology and neurology all impact investment decision-making.