DWealth Muse, with host Dara Albright, is a new weekly podcast on Digital Wealth News that bridges the knowledge gap between conventional and modern finance through original coverage of the tidal wave of technological and regulatory change headed to finance as it shifts to a digital, decentralized system.
Some are calling this transition the greatest financial transformation since civilization moved from a barter to a currency system. It is truly that momentous.
In these podcasts, Albright and key fintech influencers discuss how this financial transformation is impacting asset classes, investment portfolios, businesses, markets and economic policy.
Albright and guests deliver insights and leading-edge information to listeners in lively conversations that make this complex topic fascinating to learn and easy to grasp so that investors and businesses, alike, can capitalize on this monumental change.
Specific areas of coverage include:
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi)
- The Democratization of Finance (DemFi)
- Digital Assets, Blockchain-based Assets and Cryptocurrencies
- Security Token Offerings and Exchanges
- Exempted Fintech Alternatives
- Modern Liquid Alternatives
- Compliance & Risk Management
- Fintech Savings Apps
Podcast Episode One (recorded 2/17/21) is titled “The Reddit Rebellion” and focuses on the recent trading activity of meme stocks – most notable, GameStop (GME) – which experienced tremendous “crowdbuying” from retail investors after being discussed in a Reddit chat group. Because these “meme stocks” possessed abnormally high short interest ratios, multiple hedge funds got caught in a short squeeze and suffered billions of dollars in losses. In the midst of the trading frenzy, Robinhood, a trading app for micro-investors, froze client funds, limited buy orders and in some cases prevented clients from buying certain stock altogether. As legislators and regulators commence investigations, host, Dara Albright and guest, Bill Taylor, CIO of Entoro Wealth, weigh in on all of the drama.
In this episode, Dara and Bill discuss:
- Bill’s theory of who is actually behind the Reddit pumpers.
- Who will ultimately be held accountable.
- Will Robinhood survive this PR nightmare?
- Will decentralized finance (DeFi) bring much needed democracy to public equity markets?
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO EPISODE 1: